If you’re doing the keto diet, or you’re planning on starting the keto diet soon, you’re going to love this Keto Cheat Sheet. It includes a list of food swaps, tips, tricks, printables, hacks and more that you can use to make being on the keto diet easier.
What is the ketogenic diet?
A ketogenic diet is a low carb, high fat and moderate protein diet. The keto in the word ketogenic comes from the word ketones According to the Diabetes Teaching Center at the University of California, San Francisco
Ketones and ketoacids are alternative fuels for the body that are made when glucose is in short supply. They are made in the liver from the breakdown of fats.
On a keto diet, the carb limit is usually 30 grams or less grams of carbs per day.
Being on this diet can be challenging if you do not have the right tools. This cheat sheet is aimed at helping make the transition easier for you. As such, you can find some amazing cheat sheets here.
These three cheat sheets will help you navigate through your keto or low carb journey more easily.
These include the Keto Food Cheat Sheet, Keto Starbucks Cheat Sheet, Keto Road Trip Cheat Sheet.
Keto Food Cheat Sheet
It outlines all the foods you can eat on the keto diet, along with the serving sizes and the net carbs.
Being on the keto diet can sometimes feel like a chore. You can easily kick yourself out of ketosis by eating too much of something. This cheat sheet is designed to help stay aware of the foods you can eat as well as the quantities you can eat for the best results.
On this cheat sheet, you will find a list of the keto fruits, vegetables, hers and spices, sauces, baking ingredients, sweeteners, flours and proteins that are keto friendly.
You absolutely must have this easy low carb chest sheet in your life if you want to make this keto journey easier.
Keto Starbucks Cheat Sheet
Yes, you can enjoy Starbucks drinks on the keto diet. Here are some of the Starbucks drinks you can enjoy on the keto or low carb journey.
Whether you’re looking for hot or ice drinks for days when you feel like treating yourself, you will find some amazing ideas here.
Keep in mind that these drinks are suitable for ‘dirty keto’ which means that you should try to budget your carbs for the days.
Here are some amazing keto drinks you can order from Starbucks
How to order low carb frappuccino
Ask for a tall unsweetened iced coffee with extra ice
- 2 pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 shots of heavy whipping cream, blended frappuccino-style but with no frappuccino base and no frap syrups.
Macros: 211 calories, 4g net carbs, 1g protein, 22g fat.
How to order low carb mochas
To order ask for a Short, iced (or hot) skinny mocha with:
- half water
- half heavy whipping cream
Macros: 55 calories, 1g net carbs, 1g protein, 5g fat.
To order, ask for a Short White Chocolate Mocha with:
- A single pump of white chocolate mocha sauce (instead of the normal 2 pumps)
- Replace the milk with 3/4 water and 1/4 heavy whipping cream.
How to order keto Starbucks iced drinks
To order an iced coffee, ask for a tall brew on ice, unsweetened.
Macros: 0 calories, 0g net carbs, 0g protein, 0g fat.
To order an iced refresher ask for a Tall Passion Tango Herbal Tea on ice with
- no classic syrup
- 2 shots of heavy whipping cream
- 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup
Macros: 206 calories, 4g net carbs, 1g protein, 22g fat.
How to order keto Starbucks hot drinks
Misto (hot): To order ask for a Short, hot Misto.
Chai latte (hot): To order, ask for a Short Chai Tea Latte using 2 Chai brewed tea bags — not the concentrate — with
- 2 shots of heavy whipping cream
- 2 pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce
How to order non-coffee drinks
- Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
- Passion Tango Herbal Tea
- Peach Tranquility Herbal Tea
- Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea
More low carb drink ideas
Keto Strawberry Drink: To order, ask for asking for a VENTI iced white tea with
- no sweetener
- four pumps of sugar-free vanilla
- no water
- strawberry infusion tea
- a splash of heavy whipping cream
Low Carb Iced Americano: To order, ask for an Iced Americano, with
- 4 pumps Skinny Mocha Sauce
- 3 pumps sugar-free vanilla
- 2 Stevias
- a splash of almond milk
Sugar-free Hibiscus Tea with Heavy Cream: To order ask for a Hibiscus tea/Passion tea with
- 2 shots of heavy cream
- a shot of sugar-free vanilla.
Keto pink drink: To order ask for a Trenta Pasntgo iced tea with
- no liquid cane sugar
- 4 pumps of sugar-free vanilla
- heavy cream
- no water
- light ice
- a scoop of berries.
You can find all this in this info graphic below:
Keto Road Trip Cheat Sheet
On your keto journey, there are times when you will find yourself on the road with nothing fun to eat These are some useful options you can try out. Whether you’re craving keto-friendly fast food, or you’re at hotel or gas station.
Keto Food Swaps
So when it comes to eating actual meals on the keto diet, it can sometimes seem a little daunting. You have to figure out how to prepare 33 to four meals a day that stay within your carbs, protein and fat limit, but, you also want these meals to taste good.
Here are a few keto food swaps you can consider. They’re tasty and you can rest assured they’ll help you keep your carbs down!
Keto Breakfast Food Swaps
- Pancakes – Keto blueberry pancakes, keto almond flour pancakes, keto coconut flour pancakes, keto cream cheese pancakes, keto pancake syrup
- Bagels – Keto almond flour bagels
- Smoothies – keto blueberry smoothie, keto strawberry smoothie, keto green smoothie, keto vanilla smoothie
- Bread – keto sourdough bread, keto cauliflower bread
- Waffles – Egg and cheese chaffles
- Sandwiches – Cauliflower grilled cheese sandwich, Keto breakfast sandwich
Keto Lunch Swaps
- Egg roll in a bowl – keto egg roll in a bowl
- Shrimp Alfredo – keto shrimp Alfredo
- Stuffed peppers – low carb stuffed bell pepper
- Chicken salad – low carb chicken salad
Easy dinner swaps
- Buffalo salad – keto buffalo salad
- Hamburger soup – keto hamburger soup
- Lasagna – noodle- less lasagna
- Taco soup – keto taco soup recipe
Ice cream alternatives
- Butter pecan ice cream – easy keto butter pecan ice cream recipe
- Strawberry ice cream – keto strawberry ice cream
- Peanut butter ice cream – keto peanut butter ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream – keto chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream – keto vanilla ice cream
Keto grocery list printable
When you’re going out to shop for your groceries, you can use this handy keto grocery list to help make sure that you’re getting foods and items that are actually low carb.
Use these ideas, tips, recipe swaps and info-graphics to make your keto journey easier so that you can can see the results you’re looking for.