Keto cauliflower bread you won’t be able to resist! Yummy, low carb and fairly easy to make. You won’t be able to stay away from this!
Let’s face it. Bread is one of the things most of us miss the most on with this lifestyle. And, I’m sure everyone here has wondered at some time if there is some way to enjoy bread again on this diet.
The truth is, you can but, the bread you can have on a low carb diet is quite different from the bread you can have on a typical diet. This is a keto cauliflower bread that you need to try if you’ve ever wanted to try bread and remain in ketosis.
So, if you’re ready to learn how to make bread from cauliflower, keep on reading.
On the Keto diet, the food that most people usually miss is bread and while most breads that are sold in the grocery stores are high in carbs and prepared with refined flours, the truth is, almost everyone on this diet wishes to have bread again.
Good thing happen to your waistline and your health with you prepare in advance. With a recipe such as this, you can have breakfast ready to go for and entire week without allowing yourself to fall into temptation; I usually prepare a couple of these loaves on the weekend and I eat them throughout the week with various keto friendly toppings to vary the flavor.
Consider doing this if you like to have something prepared and ready to go on busy days.
Important tips for using cauliflower to make bread
When making recipes like bread with ingredients like cauliflower, it pays to have a few secrets up your sleeve. One secret I’d like to share with you, for this recipe is to dehydrate the cauliflower in the microwave, for at least three minutes to obtain a bread of firmer consistency.
Regarding the condiments, you can flavor this bread with your favorite seasonings, it is very flavorful with rosemary leaves, garlic, dried tomatoes or Parmesan cheese.
Although this recipe doesn’t have the texture of bread, it has a very pleasant taste and satisfies my expectations for a good breakfast. Let your imagination run wild with the flavors and give yourself a different taste every morning.
Does this keto bread have carbs?
When it comes to keto bread, the lower the carbs the better. This cauliflower bread loaf has 10 slices/servings and each slice contains 2 net carbs! Compare this to regular whole wheat bread which contains 11 grams of carbs per slice! So, although this did not turn out to be a bread with no carbs, it is pretty good for low carb diets.
Can these be used for keto toast?
If you used to enjoy toast before starting the keto diet, but, you have sort of given it a break because you’re not sure how to make it keto friendly, you’ll be happy to know that you can make toast with this low carb keto bread!
All you need is to top a few slices of this easy cauliflower bread with some mashed avocado, sliced tomatoes, eggs, sliced avocados or whatever topping you desire for a delicious keto toast recipe.
Related: Keto Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
How to make cauliflower bread
To make this recipe, you will of course need to collect all of your ingredients in one place.
Then preheat the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F and grease an ovenproof container, that is rectangular in shape, pound cake type. I used a container of 17cm long by 10cm wide.
Separate the saplings from the cauliflower and process them until a fine grain is obtained.
The processed cauliflower should look like this.
(This ‘flour’ can be dehydrated for 4 minutes in the microwave oven, let it cool before adding to the rest of the ingredients.)
Beat the whites to the point of snow and reserve. It is important that the egg whites are at room temperature and do not contain remains of peel or yolk.
In the mixing bowl, incorporate the egg, almond flour, cream cheese, baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Add the cauliflower to the mixture and stir with a spoon, finally, add the egg whites until stiff. Season to taste. If you want, you can add a little dried garlic or any other condiment you want to make the bread taste amazing.
Pour this preparation into the greased mold, sprinkle with sea salt and pumpkin seeds and bake for 10 minutes.
Reduce the temperature to 150 ° C and bake for another hour or until you insert a knife to the bread and it leaves clean.
Lastly, remove from the oven, let cool. Then you remove from mold and cut into slices.
How to store cauliflower bread
You can keep the cauliflower bread in the fridge for up to 4 days which makes this a great recipe for busy people. You can even meal prep with these!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of almond flour (you can also use coconut flour)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Condiments to taste (oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, etc.)
- Preheat the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Grease an ovenproof container, rectangular in shape. I used a container of 15cm long by 5cm wide.
- Separate the saplings from the cauliflower and process them until a fine grain is obtained. (This 'flour' can be dehydrated for 4 minutes in the microwave oven, let it cool before adding to the rest of the ingredients.)
- Beat the whites to the point of snow and reserve. It is important that the egg whites are at room temperature and do not contain remains of peel or yolk, because this makes the whites do not lift.
- In the mixing bowl, incorporate: the egg, almond flour, cream cheese, baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the cauliflower to the mixture and stir with a spoon, finally, add the egg whites until stiff. Season to taste. If you want, you can add a little dried garlic or any other condiment you want in the bread.
- Pour this preparation into the greased mold, sprinkle with sea salt and pumpkin seeds and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 150 ° C and bake for another hour or until you insert a knife to the bread and leave clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool. Remove from the mold and cut into 10 slices.
- Keep the bread in the fridge for up to 4 days
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44 Total Fat: 2.3g Saturated Fat: 0.7g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 3.6g Fiber: 1.6g Sugar: 1.5g Protein: 3.1g