The BEST keto vanilla ice cream – This easy keto ice cream recipe is super creamy! The perfect low carb ice cream made with only 4 ingredients & 25 minutes prep!
Vanilla ice cream is a classic and probably one of the most reached for ice cream flavors along with chocolate ice cream. However, you cannot eat just about any kind of vanilla ice cream one the keto diet.They’re often very high in carbs and will definitely affect your state of ketosis if consumed.
Before, I show you how to make this recipe I’ll answer a few questions that you may be wondering about.
Is vanilla extract keto approved?
There are 0.53g of carbs in a teaspoon of vanilla extract which makes it keto friendly. In fact, I use vanilla extract is many of my keto recipes.
Can you eat vanilla ice cream on keto?
Yes, you can eat vanilla ice cream on the keto diet. However, you need to make sure that it is low in carbs, which means you may have to make it yourself at home. This recipe here is one you can enjoy guilt free as it only contains 1.7 grams of carbs per serving.
You can also check out a few more delicious keto ice cream recipes such as this mason jar chocolate ice cream, or this easy keto peanut butter ice cream, or even this yummy keto butter pecan ice cream. And, if none of these suits your taste, you must try out this creamy keto chocolate ice cream for more choices this summer.
Tips and tricks
- You can make the ice cream in two ways – first one is with the ice cream machine, but if you do not have one, you can pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-friendly container and freeze until firm.
- For a creamier version, simmer the heavy cream for 40 minutes. You will get something like a condensed milk. In this case you will have to double up the heavy cream as it will reduce. But, the results with be a very creamy keto vanilla ice cream you will love.
How to make keto vanilla ice cream
First start by gathering all of your ingredients.
Next simmer the heavy cream in a saucepot for 15 minutes. Then stir in the butter, powdered Swerve, and vanilla.
Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat and pour into a freezer friendly container. Let it cool down for a few minutes, then pop the container into a freezer until firm.
Lastly scoop the ice cream into a serving bowls.
Ice cream maker version
This easy vanilla ice cream recipe can be made using an ice cream maker as well. To make this peanut butter ice cream in an ice cream maker, here are the steps to follow:
- Add your ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Next, place this blended mixture into your ice cream maker making sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions.
How to store
You can store the ice cream in a freezer for 1 month. Make sure it’s in a tightly sealed container.
What to serve with low carb vanilla ice cream
Vanilla ice cream has a sweet and mild taste, and therefore it is perfect for pairing with many desserts. Desserts such as apple pie, brownies, or baked fruits would not pair well with a scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream such as this one.
How many carbs are in this keto friendly vanilla ice cream?
There are only 1.7 grams of carbs in this delicious low carb treat.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First start by gathering all of your ingredients.
- Next simmer the heavy cream in a saucepot for 15 minutes. Then stir in the butter, powdered Swerve, and vanilla.
- Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat and pour into a freezer friendly container. Let it cool down for a few minutes, then pop the container into a freezer until firm.
- Lastly scoop the ice cream into a serving bowls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17.5gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 0gSugar: 0.1gProtein: 1.3g