Last Updated on September 16, 2021 by Toya
If you are looking for some keto coconut flour pancakes for one that are delicious, fluffy, and easy to make for your breakfast try out these 3-ingredient coconut flour pancakes.
Yes, with just three ingredients and five minutes of your time, you can make these scrumptious pancakes for breakfast or for a quick snack, that are just as good as our fluffy low carb pancakes.
What are coconut flour pancakes?
Coconut flour pancakes are gluten free pancakes that are made with coconut flour as the main ingredient. Coconut flour is a type of gluten free flour made of dried coconut meat that is very low in carbs, high is fat and high in fiber making it a great all purpose flour substitute on keto.
Keto coconut flour pancakes
Pancakes are a staple of breakfast and truly there is something so magical about them. Whip up some eggs, cream cheese, and coconut flour, and there you go. You can enrich these pancakes with fruit like berries or serve with butter and keto syrup.
Whatever you choose we are sure it will turn out amazing, as these pancakes are AMAZING. They are made in one bowl, so this is a mess-free recipe as well. You can add in some vanilla or even rum extract for stronger flavor, but if you skip these steps, you will still have the most delicious coconut flour pancakes. This is a versatile recipe and the best part is that you can serve with many things.
How many carbs are in coconut flour pancakes?
Coconut flour pancakes made with keto friendly ingredients are typically low in carbs. For example these coconut flour keto pancakes made with only 3 ingredients contain only 2 grams of net carbs in every serving of pancakes.
Tips on how to easy coconut flour pancakes:
- If you are in a rush, this batter can be prepared in a blender.
- Use a non-stick skillet to make these and to avoid having issues with flipping the pancakes, use a pancake spatula as it will really help.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes, if you’re using coconut flour as coconut flour likes to soak up liquid. After 5 minutes you will know if your low carb pancake batter needs more liquid or not. If so, add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk to the batter to make sure they’re as tasty and fluffy as these flourless keto pancakes.
Ingredients used to make these easy keto pancakes
- 2 medium eggs
- 3oz. cream cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut flour
How to make keto coconut flour pancakes
Gather all of your ingredients for the pancakes in one place.
Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat until they are fluffy.
Next, fold in the 3oz. of cream cheese and the coconut flour into the beaten eggs.
Stir everything until properly combined.
Heat butter or coconut oil in a non-stick skillet and add ¼ of the batter into the skillet to make each coconut flour pancake.
Cook each pancake for 2 minutes per side.
Now you’ve made some easy coconut flour pancakes for one, that you can serve warm with butter on top and some low carb syrup.
Why do my coconut flour pancakes fall apart?
Many times, when people attempt to make coconut flour pancakes, one of the things they notice is that the pancakes tend to crumble or fall apart.
This is so because coconut flour is a gluten free flour, meaning that, unlike all purpose flour which contains gluten – a binding agent that is high in carbs which helps keep the shape of gluten based products – coconut flour does not have gluten. Also coconut flour is very dry and requires more liquid, and so food products made with coconut flour tend to fall apart easily if no binder is used.
Therefore, in order for the pancakes made with coconut flour to stay intact, one needs to use something to bind the batter together like eggs, cream cheese or xanthan gum which will add more elasticity to ensure that the pancakes do not fall apart.
For this recipe, I’ve used both eggs and cream cheese so these coconut flour pancakes in my recipe will not fall apart as eggs and cream are a great binder for coconut flour gluten free pancakes.
You can also use these other tips to ensure your coconut flour pancakes do not crumble:
- Leave the batter to rest for 5 minutes before use.
- Lift and gently flip the pancakes so as to preserve their shape.
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat.
- The smaller the coconut pancakes, the easier they will be to flip, so make your pancakes smaller for better results.
Coconut flour keto pancakes FAQs
Is coconut flour Keto-friendly?
Yes, coconut flour is keto-friendly. In every serving, which is 2 tablespoons, there are 8 grams of carbs and 6 grams of fiber. This means that there are 2 grams of net carbs in every serving of coconut flour.
How do you make coconut flour pancakes from scratch?
To make them from scratch, simply follow the easy coconut flour pancake recipe above.
How do I make these low carb pancakes fluffier?
Coconut flour likes to soak up liquid and you can thus have really dry pancakes if you use too much coconut flour in the recipe or too little liquid. To ensure that the pancakes are fluffy, add almond milk to the recipe.
You can also, can add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and some baking powder or baking soda to the mix. These two ingredients will react with each other and make the pancakes fluffier.
You can also, beat the egg whites separately and gradually add to the batter to add more fluff.
What to serve with
How to store coconut flour pancakes?
You can store these keto pancakes by placing them in an airtight container and placing them in a fridge for up to 3 days.
Can these be frozen?
To freeze these pancakes, stack the pancakes, making sure to place a piece of parchment paper between each pancake. Place them in an airtight container and store in a freezer up to a month.
How to reheat coconut flour pancakes?
To reheat, place in a microwave for 20 seconds or for 2 minutes in the oven at 325F
More easy keto pancakes
- 2 medium eggs
- 3oz. cream cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut flour
- Gather all of your ingredients for the pancakes in one place.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat until they’re fluffy.
- Next, fold in the 3oz. of cream cheese and the coconut flour into the beaten eggs.
- Stir everything until properly combined.
- Heat butter or coconut oil in a non-stick skillet and add ¼ of the batter into the skillet to make each coconut flour pancake.
- Cook each pancake for 2 minutes per side.
- Now you’ve made some easy coconut flour pancakes for one, that you can serve warm with butter on top and some low carb syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 serving Serving Size: 4 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 7.7gSaturated Fat: 4.2gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 4.3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 4.6g