Last Updated on July 27, 2023 by Toya
These oven-baked cajun wings are a delicious, easy-to-make super crispy recipe packed with flavor. These easy cajun chicken wings need only 2 ingredients and are perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner.
These cajun chicken wings, like these delicious air fryer frozen wings take bland wings to another level. They’re crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside, and the homemade cajun seasoning gives them a great kick.
They’re so good that they’ve become a regular in my household. The best part is that these are made in under 40 minutes and with minimal cookware so cleaning up afterwards is a breeze!
Ingredients to make cajun wings
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lb chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
How to cut chicken wings
Cutting chicken wings into drumettes and flats is quite easy once you know what to do. It also takes very little time and can save you some money. If you do not know how to cut chicken wings into pieces, the tips below will help make the process easier for you.
To cut a wing into a drumette and flat and end, follow these instructions.
- Lay out each whole wing on a cutting board.
- Then with your hands, feel for each joint between the three main parts of the wing.
- Once you’ve found each joint, use a sharp knife to cut through each. You’ll be left with three separate pieces called the drumette, the flat, and the end.
- Discard the end of the wing and keep the drumette and the flat.
How to make cajun seasoning
You can find a simple recipe for my cajun seasoning here. I make my own homemade version with a mix of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, ground white pepper, oregano, cayenne, cumin, dried thyme, and salt.
How to make cajun wings
To start, clean and dry the chicken wings and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Then gather all of your ingredients in one place. Then add the cajun seasoning to the bowl.
Mix well until all the wings are properly coated.
Next, line the baking sheet with parchment paper and organize the wings on the lined baking sheet.
Place into the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the wings reaches 165 degrees.
Remove the cooked wings from the baking sheet and serve with a sauce or dressing. I enjoy dipping these in my lemon and mustard salad dressing for a more zesty wing recipe.
How to make cajun chicken wings crispy
There are a number of easy methods you can use to ensure that these cajun wings are crispy. Here are some ideas you can try out:
- Drying the wings: For any wing recipe including these cajun wings, ensure that the raw wings are as dry as possible before use. To get them dry, you can either place your wings into the fridge overnight, or in an uncovered container to help dry the skin so that the wings become very crisp in the oven. Or you can pat them dry with some paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Baking powder: Another easy way to make cajun crispy wings is to use 1 tbsp of aluminum-free baking powder in this recipe. The baking powder will help to draw the moisture out of the skin of the chicken wings. Mix the aluminum-free baking powder into the wings just like you did with the cajun seasoning if you intend to use this method. You can see how I made a simple crispy wing recipe with baking powder here.
Storing, freezing and reheating
Fridge: Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Store any leftovers in the freezer in an air-tight container for up to 5 months.
Reheat: Remove from the fridge or freezer, place on a baking sheet, and reheat for 3-7 minutes at 350 degrees.
More easy cajun recipes readers love
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lb of chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- To start, clean and dry the chicken wings and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then gather all of you ingredients in one place and add the cajun seasoning to the wings.
- Mix well until all the wings are properly coated. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Organize the wings on the lined baking sheet.
- Place into the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the wings reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the cooked wings from the baking sheet and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 2 wing pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5.6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1188mgCarbohydrates: 7.1gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 11g