Last Updated on September 7, 2021 by Toya
Learn how to make this easy keto stuffing recipe made with savory keto bread, sausages, and vegetables for the holidays. This easy low carb stuffing recipe is exactly what you will want to make if you want the entire family to enjoy a more healthy thanksgiving stuffing.
With very few carbs, no sugar and no gluten, this is truly a guilt-free holiday recipe to make!
Keto stuffing recipe
This easy low carb stuffing recipe is great for serving at traditional Thanksgiving dinners or even Christmas dinner. And, although it is made with keto bread, if you’re a person who loves stuffing, you will really appreciate this recipe.
In addition to the keto bread, this stuffing recipe is made with sausage, leeks, chicken broth, spices and a few more ingredients and it only takes just 35 minutes to make.
The best part is, that even family who isn’t on a low carb or keto lifestyle will love this! And, because traditional stuffing is very high in carbs, while this keto stuffing is not, they may just thank you for making a recipe so delicious, with so few carbs!
Is this a keto dressing recipe?
Whatever you choose to call it, stuffing or dressing is bread cooked in with some meat, vegetables, broth, seasonings and spices. Both stuffing and dressing are made with pretty much the same ingredients. Some people claim that stuffing is what goes into, and is cooked inside the chicken or turkey and that dressing is what is cooked inside a pan, then baked in a casserole dish.
In many countries both dressing and stuffing is used interchangeably. on the other hand, many countries in the north, refer to the recipe cooked i the pan, then baked in the casserole dish as stuffing, while in the south, the same is called dressing.
All in all, you ultimately decide on if you want to call it this recipe a keto stuffing recipe or a keto dressing recipe!
How many carbs are in keto stuffing?
Typically, you can expect to find 30 grams of carbs in traditional thanksgiving stuffing. However, for this particular low carb stuffing recipe, there are only 1.5 grams of net carbs in each serving.
Tips to make the best keto stuffing recipe possible!
- This stuffing was made with homemade keto bread, however you can also make the recipe with keto cornbread, keto rolls or keto sourdough bread.
- Also, you can use store-bought keto bread if you would prefer for less preparation. Some good store bought low carb bread options you can use include Sola Sliced Bread or Base culture gluten free bread.
Ingredients for keto stuffing
• 4 pork sausages, crumbled
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp butter
• ½ cup leeks, chopped
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp Italian blend seasoning
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 Keto bread slices, cubed
• ¼ tsp sage
• ½ cup chicken stock
How to make homemade from scratch
To start, first gather all of your ingredients in one place.
Then, cook the pork sausage in oil until browned.
Add leeks, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and sage. Then add keto bread and cook for 2 minutes.
Next, combine the butter and stock and pour over the bread and sausage.
Next, bake the stuffing in a casserole dish in a heated oven at 350F for 15 minutes, then serve warm.
- Instead of the pork sausages substitute with Italian sausages, ham slices or bacon
- Instead of the leeks, use chopped celery.
- You can also leave out the meats altogether, then substitute with chopped mushrooms and make this a meatless stuffing as well.
More keto thanksgiving recipes:
- 4 pork sausages, crumbled
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 2 tbsp butter
- • ½ cup leeks, chopped
- • ½ tsp garlic powder
- • 1 tsp Italian blend seasoning
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- • 2 Keto bread slices, cubed
- • ¼ tsp sage
- To start, first gather all of your ingredients in one place.
- Then, cook the pork sausage in oil until browned.
- Add leeks, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and sage. Then add keto bread and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, combine the butter and stock and pour over the bread and sausage.
- Next, bake the stuffing in a casserole dish in a heated oven at 350F for 15 minutes, then serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6.6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 795mgCarbohydrates: 6.9gNet Carbohydrates: 4.5gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 1.2gProtein: 7.4g