Last Updated on June 17, 2021 by Toya
Are strawberries keto? How many carbs are in strawberries anyway? Learn the answer to these questions here. Also pick from a list of delicious keto strawberry recipes you can make with this nutrient rich low carb fruit.
Strawberries on keto
Berries, including strawberries are commonly recommended among the list of fruits on a keto lifestyle. They’re nutrient dense, low in carbs, high in fiber, delicious, and a very versatile fruit in the kitchen.
Therefore, they can be easily incorporated in the keto way of eating. In fact, they’re one of the more popular fruits used on keto.
On the other hand, many people completely cut out all types of fruit once they’ve started keto.
However, if you enjoy fruit and want to keep eating fruit while you’re doing keto you do not have to cut out fruits like berries. In fact, once you eat the approved keto fruits in moderation everything should be fine.
What is the net carb of a single strawberry?
The net carbs in a single strawberry depends on the size of the strawberry. For example:
- A single large, whole strawberry: There are 1.4g total carbs and 0.4g dietary fiber in a single large, whole strawberry. Therefore, there are 1g net carbs in a large, whole strawberry.
- A single medium, whole strawberry: There are 0.9g total carbs and 0.2g dietary fiber in a medium, whole strawberry. Therefore, there are 0.7g net carbs in a medium, whole strawberry.
- A single small, whole strawberry: There are 0.5g total carbs and 0.1g dietary fiber in a small, whole strawberry. Therefore, there are 0.4g net carbs in a small, whole strawberry.
How many strawberries can I eat on keto?
You can safely eat 1/2 a cup of whole strawberries on keto. This is equivalent to 4 large whole strawberries which contain 4.05g net carbs.
Are strawberries keto?
Yes! If you are new to keto then it is important to know that strawberries are low in carbs which makes them a fruit that is accepted and very popular on keto and in keto recipes.
Keto strawberry recipes
Here are some easy keto recipes made with strawberries that you can try out:
- Keto strawberry smoothie
- Keto strawberry cheesecake
- Keto strawberry ice cream
- Keto strawberry mousse
- Keto strawberry salad
- Keto strawberry sauce
- Keto strawberry pancakes
- Keto pink drink
- Keto strawberry jam
Strawberry nutrition facts
- Calories: 47
- Total fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Potassium: 220 mg
- Total carbs: 11 g
- Dietary fibre: 2.9 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Protein: 1 g
Benefits of strawberries
Strawberries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. They’re also sodium free, cholesterol free, low calories and low carb.
More berries for keto
Thanks to the low carbs in strawberries, it’s one of the best keto fruit choices. You can use them to satiate sweet cravings, to make desserts, to make smoothies, to add to salads and in so many other ways on keto! The best part is that there is no guilt as long as they’re eaten in moderation.