Last Updated on November 2, 2022 by Toya
You have to try out this easy keto cauliflower rice recipe. Transform boring cauliflower into an amazing recipe that contains just 4 grams of net carbs and is a great tasting low carb rice replacement.
With only five minutes of your time, you can have this amazing dish on your table. The dish is made with only few ingredients, and probably those you already have in your pantry. This cauliflower rice, like our other keto cauliflower recipes is super quick and easy to make and tastes absolutely incredible.
What is cauliflower rice?
Cauliflower rice is a rice alternative made from cauliflower that has been shredded by a food processor or a grater. It is used mainly by people who are looking for a lower carbohydrate option to replace regular rice.
Are there carbs in cauliflower rice?
In every 100 grams of cauliflower, there are 5 grams of carbs. For the cauliflower rice, made with cauliflower, there are 4 grams of net carbs in each serving.
Tips on how to make:
- For this, you can use fresh or frozen cauliflower. If using frozen, make sure to thaw.
- The key to making good cauli rice instead of mushy cauli rice is to have dry cauliflower. This means you cannot steam one as usual or cook it in simmering water, but instead microwave it so all unnecessary liquid can evaporate.
- To get nice “grains” use food a processor instead of a blender. The blender will blend the cauliflower and turn it into a puree while the processor will give the desired results.
- If you do not have a food processor you can grate the cauliflower.
How to make keto cauliflower rice
To make this keto cauliflower rice, start by gathering your ingredients in one place.
Next, separate the cauliflower into florets, place those in a microwave-safe bowl and cover them with a paper towel. Microwave the cauliflower florets for 2 minutes.
Once this is done, place the cauliflower in your food processor and process until you have a rice-like consistency.
Next, heat the olive oil in a skillet until very hot. This will take about 2 minutes.
Add the cauliflower to the hot oil making sure to season with salt and pepper.
Cook the cauliflower for 3 minutes, with no lid on.
Once the keto cauliflower rice is cooked, you can serve it with some delicious keto grilled chicken breasts for a full meal.
NOTE: it pairs perfectly with chopped chives.
How to store
If you have leftovers, you can store them in a freezer, in vacuum sealer bags, or in an airtight container for up to a month.
Cauliflower rice nutrition
In every serving of cauliflower rice, there are:
- Calories 96
- Total Fat 7.1g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 43mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6g
- Total Sugars 3.5g
- Protein 2.9g
Cauliflower rice recipes
You can eat this as is if you miss rice on the ketogenic diet, however, you can also make so many recipes with this rice. Some examples of keto meals you can make with low carb cauliflower rice include:
More keto cauliflower recipes
And if you’ve tried it and still aren’t sold on cauliflower rice, feel free to check out some other good low carb rice alternatives that you can use instead.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- To make this keto cauliflower rice, start by gathering your ingredients in one place.
- Next, separate the cauliflower into florets, place those in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a paper towel. Microwave the cauliflower florets for 2 minutes.
- Once this is done, place the cauliflower in your food processor and process until you have a rice like consistency.
- Next, heat the olive oil in a skillet until very hot. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the hot oil making sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the cauliflower for 3 minutes, with no lid on.
- Once the cauliflower rice is cooked, you can serve.
It pairs perfectly with chopped chives.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 7.1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 7.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3.6gProtein: 2.9g