Last Updated on May 18, 2021 by Toya
Are you ready to stock up your keto pantry with all the keto essentials you’ll need to make this new lifestyle a success? If you are, then these must haves will help make it so easy for you to do keto.
In this resource, everything you’ll need to get started with your keto journey is outlined in a format that is easy to understand and follow.
You’ll find all the essentials such as low carb food lists, essential keto products, where you can buy keto foods, handy keto meal plans and grocery lists and so much more! Check out all the keto essentials that can help you to stock up your pantry conveniently.
Keto essentials food list
Below you’ll find a list of my very own keto favorites as well as foods my family enjoys. This list also includes foods and items that many people who are doing keto really enjoy.
This list can benefit you whether you’re justing starting keto or have bee doing for a while and need some extra pointers. Within this list are the ingredients that can help you to prepare the delicious keto recipes that will fuel your body and help you achieve your goals.
Keto Fats, oils and butters
- Coconut oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Almond butter
- Coconut butter (Coconut Manna)
- MCT Oil – This oil offers multiple of benefits for people doing keto. It is great for adding to bulletproof coffee recipes.
- Keto Protein Powder – This supplement helps to raise ketone levels and supplies energy to support your daily activities. You can use it in your water, coffees, smoothies or teas.
Keto Meats, Poultry and Fish
These are the meats that are the most essential when your starting keto.
- Chicken (all cuts)
- Ground Beef
- Smoked Scallops
Keto Pantry items – flours, sweetness, baking goods
- Almond Flour – Great for making keto breads, pancakes, waffles, croissants etc. Almond flour is very popular with people doing keto.
- Coconut flour – This is an off white flour commonly used in keto, gluten free and low carb baking and cooking. This flour is perfect for making pancakes, waffles, breads and other keto baked goods as well.
- Flaxseed Meal – Flaxseed meal is also used to bake or cook on keto.
- Almond Meal – This is made from blanched flour and used in keto cooking.
- Pysllium Husk – This is also another product used in keto cooking which helps to retain moisture and prevents bread and baked goods from crumbling.
- Pork rinds
- Xanthan Gum – Gluten free flours like almond and coconut flours do not have the same characteristics as all purpose flour. Because of that, baked good made with gluten free products ofter crumble. Xanthan gum provides the tackiness that gluten lends to doughs and batters and thus prevent baked good made with gluten free flours from crumbling.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Monk fruit
- Yacon Syrup
- Bell Peppers
- Coconut Meat
Keto dressings, sauces, condiments and spices
- Balsamic vinegar
- Tabasco sauce (hot sauces)
- Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing.
- Primal Kitchen Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- Tahini dressing
- Ranch dressing
- Marinana sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
Of course there are a few essential drinks that you can enjoy on keto. These help to keep you hydrated without the carbs. Of course the most important is water. There is also coffee, teas such as green tea, chamomile and peppermint and low carb sparking waters.
Keto Food List Printable
Keto food list to make keto shopping very easy. These printables are a must!
Keto essential products
There are a few essential products you may find very helpful if you’re doing keto. These include:
- Ketone strips – Want to know when you’re in ketosis? These strips will help you figure it out!
- A handy food scale – Measuring your food will become very important as a way to ensure you’re sticking to your macros.
- Mini Waffle Maker Machine – This is a must have tool for anyone on the keto lifestyle. This waffle maker is perfect for making keto waffles, chaffles, keto panini’s and more keto recipes that are easily made using a waffle maker. This is often a life saver when you’re, bored with making the same old things or when you’re stomped for breakfast ideas that a low carb.
- Electrolytes – Used for replenishing your body and boosting your energy levels on keto. These are very important to have, especially when you’re just starting out.
Where to shop for keto
Where to buy keto items in stores?
Costco: Eggs, riced cauliflower, avocados, green beans, Primal kitchen mayo, coconut flour, almond flour, berries, low carb vegetables, seafood, beef, chicken, pork, bacon, salmon, cage free eggs, cheese etc.
Walgreens: Heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, berries, coconut, grass fed butter, smoked sausages, coconut flour, almond flour, sugar free syrup
Walmart: Vegetables, sour cream, sausages, pantry ingredients, meats, keto snacks, mct oil, keto noodles, keto bbq sauces, swerve sweeteners
Trader Joe’s: Cheese wraps, mashed cauliflower, almond flour, bacon, coconut aminos, chia seeds, Ghee, nut and seed butters, frozen vegetables, frozen berries, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, cheese, deli meats
Target: Fresh vegetables, meats and seafoods,
Where Can You Buy Keto Items Online?
Amazon: You can find so many important keto items from amazon. Shopping online with Amazon isn’t just easy and convenient, but it can also help you get a wider variety of keto essentials that you may not find in stores. These include keto pantry ingredients, keto snacks, keto supplements, keto nut butters, oils and a long list of other items that will come in handy.
Thrive Market: Like amazon, thrive market also has a large variety of keto low carb essentials. These include, snacks, oils, pantry items and so much more.
iHerb: Coconut flour, almond flour, chia seeds, supplements, sweeteners
2 Week keto meal plan for beginners
Another must have is this easy to use 2 week keto meal plan. This is a MUST HAVE for you if you’re just starting keto and you want an easy to follow meal plan with meals and groceries planned out for you.
This meal plan is only for 2 weeks and gives you a chance to get acclimated with the keto way of eating without all the extra stress you would normally encounter during this transition.
When you think about keto must haves, you may think of just the foods you’ll need to make this new lifestyle possible. However, the keto essentials also includes knowing thing like where to buy keto foods and products as well as tips, tricks and printable that can help make it easy for you to attempt what may seem like a new and confusing keto journey. These tips trick and ideas above will help to make the process easier for you!