See how to make this easy keto banana bread recipe that tastes so much like banana bread you’ll be amazed it doesn’t include any bananas! This keto bread is made with 8 simple ingredients and has only 1.4 grams net carbs per serving.
The banana bread recipe has an amazing mix of flavors…rich bananas flavor and almond flour. And Although it sounds like a plain mix, you have to try it out to see just how good it is!Rich, fulfilling with a texture is soft, dry yet juicy that you can serve for breakfast, as a dessert or a snack. Toast this and pair with with some cream cheese, pistachio spread or hazelnut spread.
Can I eat bananas on keto?
No, you cannot eat bananas on the keto diet. They’re on of the fruits that are high in carbs which means you will go over your carb limit if you eat bananas while doing keto.
How many carbs are in bananas?
One medium ripe banana weighting about 118g contains roughly 27 grams of carbs. Considering that most people on keto or low carb eat 20 grams of total carbs on average, one ripe banana will use up this entire allowance plus some.
What is a good replacement for bananas on keto?
For baking purposes, you can easily replace bananas with banana extract. This will add great banana flavor without the carbs.
Tips and tricks for the best banana bread
- Use xanthan gum in this banana bread recipe. Most keto bakers use xanthan gum to add texture to gluten free bread which helps the bread get the chewy flavor that most other bread have naturally.
- Let the bread sit overnight for the best tasting banana bread.
- To make the process faster, mix with an electric mixer with dough hooks attached.
- You can also add a tsp of rum extract to the recipe as well. It pairs amazingly with banana extract.
- You can use batter on multiple ways. You can use it to make muffins, waffles or pancakes.
- You can even use this batter to make bread in a skillet. Simply pour the batter into the skillet, top with nuts and cook in oven for 25 mins. The results will be similar to a Clafoutis dessert.
How to make keto banana bread
To start gather all of your banana bread ingredients in one place. Next preheat oven to 350F and line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl beat eggs, butter, banana extract, and sour cream.
Next add almond flour, flax meal, and powdered Erythritol into the bowl of wet ingredients.
Mix well until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the bread in a loaf tin before serving and slicing.
What else can be added to keto banana bread?
You can add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate. You can also add chopped pecans, almonds or walnuts to the batter if you choose.
Dairy free version
To make dairy free banana bread use nut based milk and products like almond or coconut milk. You can also use coconut cream and 2 tsp lemon juice instead of sour cream.
Can you make banana bread with coconut flour?
You cannot make it completely with coconut flour. However, you can substitute half of the almond flour with coconut flour and this will be fine.
Can this batter be used for banana muffins?
Yes, you can use the batter for this banana bread into muffins. This is an easy way to enjoy keto banana muffins that can enjoy for breakfast or a snack. Turing this batter to muffins is also a great visual way to stick to small servings.
How to store
To store your banana-less bread, you place it the in a fridge up to 4 days. Use an air tight container to keep the bread as fresh as possible while in the fridge.
When you’re ready to eat your banana bread from the fridge, simply reheat in the oven at 350F for 3 minutes or in the microwave for 1 minute.
Can you freeze keto banana bread?
Yes, you can freeze this keto banana bread for up to a month. Slice the leftover, wrap each slice individually in parchment paper, place in a ziplock bag or an air tight container and freeze.
When you’re ready to enjoy a slice, place in the oven at 350F for 10 – 15 minutes or in the microwave for 2 minutes.
More keto bread recipes
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup melted and cooled butter
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp banana extract
- To start gather all of your banana bread ingredients in one place. Next preheat oven to 350F and line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl beat eggs, butter, banana extract, and sour cream.
- Next add almond flour, flax meal, and powdered Erythritol into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix well until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in a loaf tin before serving and slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 19.9gSaturated Fat: 9.1gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 3.1gNet Carbohydrates: 1.4gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 4.9g