EASY to make keto blueberry muffins made with just a few easy to find ingredients. These blueberry muffins with almond flour have only 2.5 grams of net carbs per serving and are made in under 30 minutes! You have to try out this easy keto snack asap!
These are some amazingly moist keto blueberry muffins that you can adjust to your desire (as shown below).Plus, they make the perfect low carb snack, dessert or breakfast food you can actually enjoy. Like out keto cinnamon muffins, these are a must try!
Tips and tricks
Here are a few important tips for these yummy blueberry almond flour muffins
- You can blend the batter in a food blender and stir in the blueberries or you can blend all. This will give a nice purple color to the muffins.
- Make sure you use paper liners or silicone muffin tray. This way they will not stick.
- If greasing the tin, do so with some butter. Other types of oil like coconut or cooking spray may cause the muffins to stick.
How to make keto blueberry muffins
To start, gather all of the ingredients you need to make these keto muffins in one place. Also, preheat the oven to 350F and line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper liners.
Next, in a bowl, combine almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder.
Then add the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla if using and stir well to combine.
Lastly, fold in the blueberries.
Spoon the blueberry muffin mixture into paper liners. This recipe will make six muffins.
Bake the blueberry muffins for 20-22 minutes and cool on a wire rack before serving.
How to store
These low carb blueberry muffins will keep out of the fridge up to 3 days. You can also store them in the fridge up to 5 days or freeze them for 2-3 weeks. Thaw and reheat in oven at 300F when you’re ready to enjoy them.
Recipe substitutes for sugar free blueberry muffins
You can substitute with any nut based flour or even make these with protein powder rather than almond flour.
You can also use any kind of berries such as raspberries or strawberries. Make sure to chop or slice the strawberries before use.
Also, instead of berries you can add slivered almonds to the muffins. Or combine the almonds with the berries. They will give a nice crunchy texture to your muffins.
Blueberry muffins FAQs
How many carbs are in blueberry muffins
A regular blueberry muffin make with ingredients that are no keto friendly can have as much as 68 grams of carbs. These low carb blueberry muffins on the other hand, have only 2.5 grams of net carbs in each muffin which means you can eat this with absolutely no guilt.
How to make blueberry muffins with coconut flour?
Making these with coconut flour on its own is not recommended as the muffins may turn out too dense and will not raise. However you can use a mix of 1 cup of almond flour and 0.25 cups of coconut flour or a 1:4 ratio.
Can these low carb muffins be made in a mug?
You can make these in a mug. Make the batter as shown above (of course scale down) and divide among the microwave safe mugs. For one muffin you will need 1 small egg, 3 tbsp almond flour, baking powder from the tip of a knife, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp almond milk, and 2 tbsp blueberries. Microwave for 2 minutes.
Can these be made with heavy cream?
To make with heavy cream, simply substitute the milk in the recipe with heavy cream.
Can you make blueberry muffins with yogurt?
Yes, these can be made with yogurt. To make with yogurt substitute 4 tablespoons of yogurt with the unsweetened almond milk.
How to make keto blueberry muffins with sour cream?
These muffins can be made with sour cream. Simply use 1/2 cup sour cream for the muffins. They will be super moist and delicious.
More keto blueberry recipes
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated Swerve
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla, optional
- To start, gather all of the ingredients you need to make these keto muffins in one place. Also, preheat the oven to 350F and line a 6-hole muffin tin with paper liners.
- Next, in a bowl, combine almond flour, Swerve, and baking powder.
- Then add the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla if using and stir well to combine.
- Lastly, fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the blueberry muffin mixture into paper liners. This recipe will make six muffins.
- Bake the blueberry muffins for 20-22 minutes and cool on a wire rack before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 10.6gSaturated Fat: 6.5gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 3.3gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gFiber: 0.8gSugar: 1.3gProtein: 3g