Last Updated on May 24, 2021 by Toya
See how to make this easy keto instant pot chicken thighs made with a handful of ingredients in a few minutes!
This one-pot pressure cooker chicken dish is absolutely amazing. It pairs chicken with so many flavors and is a great example of how to make an exceptional dish with simple ingredients.
This keto chicken adobo recipe is simple to make, with amazing flavors and makes the perfect keto chicken recipe to make for the family or to add to meal prep bowls.
For this recipe, you can choose chicken thighs or drumsticks, or any other part of the chicken you prefer and it will still taste amazing. You have to try this keto recipe at least once if you’re on the keto diet.
Tips to make instant pot chicken thighs
- Soy sauce – soy sauce is quite salty. Instead of using soy sauce use coconut aminos. This keto substitute for soy sauce will make your chicken taste amazing without the extra saltiness.
- Sweetener – Some like to make adobo with sweetener. You cannot use traditional sweeteners int his recipe. Therefore, if you want to add a teaspoon of sweetener to balance the flavors, try golden Lakanto sweetener or Swerve.
Ingredients to make keto chicken thighs
These are the ingredients you need to for this keto chicken recipe:
- Boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 spring onions, sliced, for serving
How to cook keto instant pot chicken adobo thighs
First, gather all of your ingredients you need to make the keto instant pot chicken thighs in one place.
Select saute on your Instant Pot and add in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken and cook until golden.
One the chicken is golden, remove the chicken from the pot.
Then add onion, garlic, coconut aminos, vinegar, and bay leaves.
Scrape and remaining browned bits and place them into the pot with the chicken and lock the lid into place.
Select Manual and set to High Pressure. Set the timer to 10 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a quick pressure release. Remove the from the pot and serve chicken warm, topped with chopped spring onions.
If you enjoy these adobo chicken thighs, you should also try these fried chicken thighs too!
Keto instant pot chicken thighs FAQs
Can you put frozen chicken in an instant pot?
Yes, it is safe to cook frozen chicken in an instant pot.
How long do you cook chicken in a pressure cooker?
Bone-in skin-on thighs take as little as 10 minutes to be ready once you set your instant pot to pressure cook.
Can you double the recipe?
This recipe can be doubled by simply doubling the number of chicken thighs as well as the other ingredient used.
How many carbs are in this keto chicken thighs?
This easy instant pot low carb chicken thighs recipe has 4.3 grams of net carbs per serving!
How many calories are in this low carb chicken thighs?
This recipe has 344 calories in every serving of this recipe.
What are the best low carb sides for this adobo chicken?
- Steamed low carb vegetables like broccoli, asparagus
- Riced cauliflower
- Stir Fry Zoodles
- Crispy Zucchini Fies or Jicama Fries
- Low carb salads
More instant pot keto recipes
- Best Instant Pot Keto Beef Stew Recipe
- Best Keto Noodle Less Lasagna
- Keto Beef Taco Soup Made In An Instant Pot