Last Updated on September 14, 2023 by Toya
Looking for an easy recipe for ramen noodles without seasoning packets? Look no further than this deliciously saucy ramen noodles recipe! Made with ramen bricks and a few other kitchen staples, this delicious Asian-inspired dish will make it so that you never get takeout again!
Ramen noodles are one of the simplest recipes to make. They take just a few minutes to cook and can be served with almost anything.
Today, I’ve decided to make a super easy 10-minute ramen noodle recipe that is better than takeout!
And the best part is, that this saucy noodle recipe is made with a delicious ramen sauce made with a simple homemade sweet soy sauce substitute that contains regular soy sauce and maple syrup. And of course, this is a recipe for ramen noodles without the packet – so if you’re worried about MSG and sodium intake, this simple recipe is perfect for you!
You simply cannot go wrong with this Asian-style noodle recipe!
If you’re ready to make it, keep reading to see the ingredients you’ll need as well as the recipe instructions that are written below.
Ingredients for soy sauce ramen noodles recipe
- Ramen bricks – Any type of ramen noodles will work here. A few examples that I’ve used and enjoyed that are worth checking out are NongShim Shin Black Noodle Soup, which you can get on Amazon reasonably priced, and Maruchan Ramen Noodle Soup, which you can also buy on Amazon in 10 different flavors.
- Soy sauce – Used in many Asian recipes to add a salty and savory flavor. In this case, it is important to use soy sauce to make this sweet soy glaze.
- Maple syrup – Used to add sweetness to the sweet soy glaze, but it can be substituted with agave nectar too.
- Lemon juice or rice vinegar – Used to add more of a complex flavor to the glaze.
- Sesame oil adds to the complexity of the sweet soy glaze, but you can use olive oil or walnut oil as a substitute.
- Garnish- Use chopped fresh chives, dried chives, spring onions, and sesame seeds, for garnish, as desired
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make ramen noodles without seasoning
Gather all the ingredients for this ramen noodles recipe in one place.
Then cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. However, cook the ramen for 1 minute less than the package suggests.
Be careful not to overcook the ramen noodles, as they will become soggy and may fall apart.
In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Then pour the mixture into a skillet and bring it to a simmer. Cook until gently thickened.
Then just lift and place the ramen noodles into the sauce. If you do it like this, the noodles will have some water stuck to them and the entire dish will be saucier.
Once the ramen noodles are added to the skillet of sauce, cook for only 30 seconds.
Serve these ramen noodles without the packet warm, topped with sesame seeds, chives, or spring onions. You can also make my juicy stuffed chicken recipe with cream cheese to serve with the ramen!
And, if you like salads, this easy chicken spinach salad recipe pairs really well with this ramen noodles recipe.
Storing the saucy noodles
Store the noodles in an airtight container for two days. I would not recommend more, as they will become too soggy.
Substitutes for ramen seasoning
Wondering how to season ramen noodles without the packet?
I used a mixture of soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to add flavor to my ramen noodles without needing to use the ramen flavor packets.
However, you don’t need to use just that, you can simply make a homemade ramen seasoning to flavor your ramen noodles instead.
Here are some good options:
Homemade ramen seasoning – To make a DIY chicken ramen seasoning, you will need, 2 tbsp chicken bouillon cubes, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon thyme, 14 teaspoons cumin, 1 tsp paprika, ½ teaspoons ground black pepper, ½ teaspoons kosher salt. Mix well. Start by using half a tablespoon for 1 packet of ramen noodles. Then adjust to taste. You can also try my diy beef ramen seasoning if you want.
Simple garlic and onion blend – Mix 2 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoons black pepper together. Once mixed, use ½ tablespoons of the mixture for 1 packet of ramen noodles. Adjust to your taste.
- 2 3oz. ramen bricks
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives, dried chives, spring onions, sesame seeds, for garnish, as desired
- Gather all the ingredients for the soy sauce ramen noodles recipe in one place.
- Then cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. However, cook the ramen for 1 minute less than the package suggests.
- Be careful not to overcook the ramen noodles as they will become soggy and may fall apart.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Then pour the mixture into a skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook until gently thickened.
- Then just lift and place the ramen noodles into the sauce. If you do it like this, the noodles will have some water stick to them and the entire dish will be saucier.
- Once the ramen noodles are added to the skillet of sauce, cook for only 30 seconds.
- Serve this saucy vegan ramen noodles recipe warm, topped with sesame seeds, chives, or spring onion.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1809mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 11g